I have noticed that when the following are done:

* anamon_enabled: 1 in /etc/cobbler/settings
* $SNIPPET('pre_anamon') and $SNIPPET('post_anamon') are in the kickstart
template (e.g. /var/lib/cobbler/kickstarts/rh.cfg)

Sometimes, on a KVM host, some guests after done with PXE booting, would show
errors like the following on their respective virtual machine console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/sbin/anamon", line 275, in <module> anamoun_loop()
 File "/usr/local/sbin/anamon", line 224, in anamon_loop wf.update()
 File "/usr/local/sbin/anamon", line 121, in update self.uploadWrapper()
 [...]

But other guests do not show such errors.  This symptom typically show up when
we simultaneously PXE boot a number of guests.

I have known that anamon is considered deprecated for a while. This is even in
the official doc for 2.2.3
<http://cobbler.github.com/manuals/2.2.3/5/4_-_Anaconda_Monitoring.html>

For the time being, I removed the two snippets from the kickstart template, and
have disabled the 'anamon_enabled: 1' from /etc/cobbler/settings just to keep
things clean.

But then naturally the Q would be: what is a good alternative for monitoring
installation progress?

Regards,

-- Zack