Alternatively, it would be a big win for the birding community if we could
get the park to reverse the new 'no seed' policy.  Do we even know why they
put the sign up?? If it's a matter of observers breaking park rules, we can
help make sure those rules get enforced (yes, even for nuns).  If it's a
matter of not feeding wildlife, we have plenty of other parks and refuges
that put out seed for birds.

Have any of the local/regional birding organizations tried to work with the
park to set some mutually acceptable ground rules that would allow birders
to put down seed??

The masses are getting restless ;-)

Good birding,
Paul Hurtado