To address the "rules are rules" thought, I'd ask, was this a rule at BCLP
prior to today, or did the park react to the influx of birders seeking the
Brambling to create and post a single sign?  If the latter, why?  Is there
a real problem resulting from the seed that seems to be getting
eaten primarily by Tree Sparrows?  Red Rocks doesn't seem to be suffering
any adverse effects from all the seed we put out there....

If it's always been a rule, then we should all consider ourselves lucky to
have had a heightened advantage with the Brambling due to the seed, and
stop putting it out.

In either case, one might point out to the park management that the special
nature of such a rarity not only might justify permitting the spreading of
seed, but also that the special nature of such a rarity has probably
increased park revenues by close to a grand in the last few days.  Special
circumstances + lots of cash might = special consideration.

And yes, as Ira said, you're required to sign your name here.

Dave Cameron
Denver