Situational ethics alive and well.  Civil disobedience is standing up for
what you believe to be unjust to society.  It's not breaking the rules just
so that you can add a bird to your life list. Nor is it asking nuns to do
your dirty work for you.

I see lots of posts here and on other birding lists along the lines of
"Please, if  you come to see XYZ, respect the property owner and don't
trample his grass or kill his small barking dog".  But I guess if it's a
good bird, say goodbye to the dog!

What is the CFO position on this?

I've lurked here for years and joined this list specifically to post this.
 I hope the list owners don't see fit to terminate me for this; that would
say a lot in and of itself.