> I think that your issue about something matching or not has nothing to do
> with the database code, and you could easily remove it for the purposes of
> reporting a concern with Coccinelle.

Software evolution can be continued also together with your constructive
feedback.

I adapted another SmPL script according to a recent information.
https://lore.kernel.org/cocci/17a4592b-92bd-e4c9-8481-7d46616cb...@web.de/T/#m4f59721d2011ac4ded602f2e63e0c63f22a15fa9
https://systeme.lip6.fr/pipermail/cocci/2020-April/007133.html

It can become more interesting to increase also the application of SmPL
conjunctions
like the following.

@find@
expression action, check, result;
position p;
statement is, es;
@@
 result = action(...);
 if@p (
(
      <+... result ...+>
&     check
)     )
     is
 else
     es

Now I stumble on corresponding software development challenges.

elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Linux/next-patched> spatch
~/Projekte/Coccinelle/janitor/list_condition_checks_after_function_calls2.cocci
drivers/gpu/drm/mcde/mcde_drv.c
…
Using SQLAlchemy version:
1.3.15
…
sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError: (sqlite3.IntegrityError) UNIQUE constraint
failed: pairs.function, pairs.source_file, pairs.line, pairs.column
[SQL: INSERT INTO pairs (function, source_file, line, "column", action,
"check") VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]
…

I hope that it can become easier to clarify where unexpected duplicate keys
would occur as in my test approach.

Regards,
Markus