> I hoped for another clarification also for the message “warning: iso drop_else
> does not match the code below on line 55” (and the corresponding debug
> display).

I imagine that there is another bit of fine-tuning possible.

>> There is an isomorphism that drops else's in ifs, but that only applies if
>> the else is a metavariable that is not used elsewhere.
>
> I am looking for further improvements in this software area.

https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/blob/6b4bb692f208bfe86e62a616724570d9310c7150/standard.iso#L421

It seems that the code transformations “neg_if” and “ne_if” are applied
before “drop_else”.
Should the warning be avoided then if the else branch became non-empty
because of the conversion?

Regards,
Markus