Following is a part of preferences.plist:

            <key>Proxies</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AppleProxyConfigurationSelected</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>ExcludeSimpleHostnames</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>FTPPassive</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>HTTPEnable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>HTTPPort</key>
                <integer>808</integer>
                <key>HTTPProxy</key>
                <string>192.168.20.107</string>
                <key>HTTPSEnable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>HTTPSPort</key>
                <integer>808</integer>
                <key>HTTPSProxy</key>
                <string>192.168.20.107</string>
                <key>ProxyAutoConfigEnable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>ProxyAutoConfigURLString</key>
                <string>http://www.re.com</string>
                <key>ProxyAutoDiscoveryEnable</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
            </dict>

As you can see that for ProxyAutoConfigEnable, ProxyAutoConfigURLString &
ProxyAutoDiscoveryEnable keys respective keys are present in System
Configuration Framework as follows.

 *   kSCPropNetProxiesProxyAutoConfigEnable
"ProxyAutoConfigEnable"        CFNumber (0 or 1)
 *   kSCPropNetProxiesProxyAutoConfigURLString
"ProxyAutoConfigURLString"     CFString
 *   kSCPropNetProxiesProxyAutoDiscoveryEnable
"ProxyAutoDiscoveryEnable"     CFNumber (0 or 1)

But for AppleProxyConfigurationSelected key in plist there is no respective
key is present in System Configuration Framework. The key which you have
mentioned is for "ProxyAutoConfigEnable" & not for
"AppleProxyConfigurationSelected".

Thanks,
Palav