Le 20 mars 08 à 13:26, parag vibhute a écrit :

I am glad to say that I am able to write the code which can set all four keys releated to PAC file URL. As suggested, I used System Configuration framework. But I think System Configuartion framework (& scutil command) only accesses the dynamic store. I went through PDFs but not found useful info to change persistant store. System preferences values are kept in persitant store by Preferences monitor & on file-system, its location is "/Library/Preferences/ System Configuration/preferences.plist". But whatever I tried with the APIs & with scutil command, those changes never get reflected in preferences.plist & hence System Preferences also shows old entries.

One more drawback is these APIs are used to change values in dynamic store & on reboot, dynamic store always gets recreated which flush my changes.

Can anybody suggest how can I change persistant store & thereby System Preferences programmatically.

Thanks,
Palav

I did a program long ago that did it, I don't think I had to do something special to change proxy settings. I have just used MoreSCF the way it's describe in the read me and it worked. (http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/MoreSCF/listing14.html)

Is your tool running with enough privilege to commit changes ?