Thank you all from both of the message threads. I have desided not to
wait and try my hand at reading the Apple docs again.

Things like oop and mvc are simple to understand for me and have been
drilled quite extensively into my head from Ruby and Rails now. My
biggest goal is to make a css drawing app atm. So Cocoa ui wigets
those found in Pages for ex have been my biggest hurdle trying to get
ruby to create such things.

But I do not wish to use the bridge options yet I would rather do it
right in one place than trying to glue it together and spend days not
"getting it"