On 01 Apr 08, at 12:59, Marc Respass wrote:
I haven't registered for a creator code since System 7.5. Apple has information and registration page (http://developer.apple.com/datatype/index.html ) about it but no indication if it's actually still required. Can anyone tell me if it is still required or maybe point me at the right information?

Type and creator codes have been deprecated since Tiger, which introduced UTIs. (Maybe even longer; I'm not sure.) Either way, you can safely forget they ever existed.

I'm just surprised that page is still active.