On 01.04.2008, at 21:59, Marc Respass wrote:
I haven't registered for a creator code since System 7.5. Apple has information and registration page (http://developer.apple.com/datatype/index.html ) about it but no indication if it's actually still required. Can anyone tell me if it is still required or maybe point me at the right information?

Creator codes are still used in many places in practice. So, while you needn't provide a creator code for your app these days, and for most uses you don't need a signature either, when you *do* use it, please make sure you register. Otherwise, you're likely to choose a code that collides with another app's code, and then you break either your app or that other party's, which is not a nice thing to do.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de