On 12 Apr, 2008, at 06:33, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Guys, you are way off-topic, and you are offending me. Of course I
have good reasons for wanting to do this. Trust me, I'm not tampering
with user defaults for the sheer fun of it. If you can't provide me
with an answer to my question, please spare me your thoughts on UI
design. They don't belong to this list. Thank you.

First, I don't think we're "way" off-topic. You wanted to know how to do something that breaks consistency in a very severe manner, and a couple of us warned you against it.

If you don't want our answers, don't ask us. This list often advises people on not breaking UI consistencies, and expecting anyone not to question your motives and express their opinions on what you're trying to do is quite naive. We are not robots, and if someone sees a better answer that addresses the higher-level goal instead of the specific question, you're very likely to see that answer voiced.

If you have such good reasons for doing this that you feel it's appropriate to lecture list members and tell us how to reply to you, by all means, tell us what those reasons are. Otherwise, don't get huffy when you don't get what you want.

--
m-s