I do want your answers, asked for them politely and got a most helpful
one almost immediately from Mike Abdullah, whom I respectfully thanked
for his help. What I don't want is people jumping to conclusions,
calling me names and telling me I'm "breaking consistency in a very
severe manner" when my intention is quite the opposite: to maintain
consistency and provide an intuitive user interface that makes perfect
sense within its overall design.

If you were concerned about my reasons you could have simply asked me
for them, instead of ranting about just how bad a citizen "this guy"
is. I don't naturally assume members of the list have the time nor
patience to read through lengthy explanations before getting to the
bottom line, but if someone expresses his or her interest I'm more
than happy to elaborate on the subject.