I don't mean to be mean, but I agree with Joseph; most Apple
documentation is really, really poor.

*No, that's not correct.*  The documentation is extensive, and
comprehensive, but unless you already know what you are reading about,
it might as well have been written in Farsi (no offense meant to any who
speak Farsi--and if Farsi is your first language, then substitute
English for Farsi).

I have found this to be true on most every product's documentation; not
just X Code.  It is easily understood after five years of experience.
The beginner struggles with the concepts, the locutions, the native
phrases that the experienced programmer understands.

For example, I was reading up on NSString yesterday and it began
discussing "delegates."  What the blazes is a delegate? (Please, no
you run into the same thing.  Concepts appear that are inadequately
described, or described with so much jargon that even the experienced
programmer (such as myself) has trouble making his way through it.

Some of this might be better dealt with if the document were more
extensively hyperlinked.

Microsoft documentation is the same way--difficult to understand unless
you have learned the lingo.   Borland documentation, I have found, is
not, but alas it has such a small market share that it is virtually
ignored.

At least Apple is going through the motions of attempting to get
feedback from its users with the questions added at the bottom of their
documentation.  I hope that some day it does some good.

R,
John