> And, what I hear from this august crowd is a consensus that the
> references are difficult to understand, but necessarily so--that they
> ought to be that way.  This is a debate that has been going on since I
> bought my first CP/M computer back in the early eighties.  I doubt we
> will resolve it here.  I certainly have no intention of changing my
> mind.

  ACK! For the love of all that's holy, hear my plea: NOBODY SAID OR
IMPLIED ANY SUCH THING! If you believe otherwise, please point out the
exact text.

> But I also hear from you all a willingness to help me, a newbie with all
> sorts of newbie questions, figure out Cocoa, despite our differences.
> That, I find gratifying.

  Absolutely! It's just that your complaint that "it's difficult"
falls on deaf ears. We all know that (not really the documentation -
it's hard because it's a vast, complex subject and no amount of
refinement will make that go away completely). That's why this very
mailing list exists. And the books. And the online tutorials. And the
cocoadev wiki ... etc.

  Post your pointed questions and we'll all do our best to help. That
much should be obvious from the traffic. If you have specific
suggestions for making the documentation better, submit them. If the
majority agrees, they'll submit those same suggestions ... and they
*will* get implemented. Believe that.

> You're all good people who are trying to convince someone who is part
> Irish and part German and thoroughly stubborn.

  Irrelevant, but understood. ;-)

--
I.S.