Hello Everyone:

   I've been trying to get my head wrapped around the concept of
"delegates" and I thought I would run it by the list to see if I am
approaching the correct idea behind a delegate.

   As far as I can tell, it is kind of like a virtual function (virtual
because I, the programmer, am expected to flesh it out) that resembles
an event attached to a given class.  It has specific times when it is
called and at that time it may perform just about any duty that the
programmer can dream of, or she can stick to something that relates to
the object calling it. In almost every description of a delegate that I
perused, I found the words "when" or "before," which is why I related a
delegate to an event.

   Am I getting close?

R,
John A.M. Darnell
Team Leader
Walsworth Publishing Company
Brookfield, MO
John may also be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Trivia Question:  In SciFi Channel's hit series, FARSCAPE, who played
the voice of Pilot?