Even delegation is not a commonly known term in my experience (it's used for several differing ideas in the US). I try my best to give terms and examples with the best chance of grasping, especially with beginner concepts. Even the truest term of delegate doesn't perfectly fit Cocoa delegates, but it's really close. I just hope to trigger the start of grasping the concept by giving little simplified (sometimes overly) ideas and hope it's enough for someone to run with who will eventually see the bigger, more complex, picture. It's difficult to describe a complex idea without complex terms and still remain completely accurate.