On 2 Jun 2008, at 16:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Following your suggestion, I changed my predicateFormat to:
@"%@ contains kMDItemTextContent" which translates into:
<kMDItemTextContent IN "To be, or not to be"> and behaves more or less
exactly like LIKE.

So again: how to search kMDItemTextContent for a string containing spaces?
(10.4.11).

This came up in the last question you asked. You're not constructing
your formats properly.

[NSPredicate predicateWithFormat:@"%K contains %@",
kMDItemTextContent, @"To be, or not to be"]

Constucting the format properly (copying your suggestion):
NSPredicate *predicate = [NSPredicate predicateWithFormat:@"%K contains %@", kMDItemTextContent, @"To be, or not to be"];

results in:
[...] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: NSComparisonPredicate with left expression which is not NSKeyPathExpressionType given to NSMetadataQuery ("To be, or not to be" IN kMDItemTextContent)

So: what am I doing wrong?

Kind regards

Gerriet.