For me it is a hot topic because after researching this subject two years ago and reading said archives I started relying on NSMailDelivery and now the powers that be have decided that it should no longer be available. (wondering why?) So I have to rewrite functional code and use a third party framework or the scripting bridge which by the way isn't backwards compatible with Tiger. Of course I could ignore the deprecation until OS-X 10.11 Meerkat (actually not a feline but a mongoose) comes out and my clients start calling because their mail no longer works...

Are there actually any guidelines for how long one might expect a deprecated class to continue to exist?

(and thanks to those who responded to questions on the topic in recent weeks - It's just that I have other things to do than go back and re- solve an old problem)

buddy kurz