Hi Graham,
In my experience, this warning generally does mean that there is something
wrong in the build target settings for either the static library or the
application including the library.

Until I know more, this is the only thing I can suggest. Assuming you are
using Xcode for the project of your static library, double check the
architecture build settings. I personally find the best way to eliminate
architecture compile and link problems is to revert the architecture build
settings to their defaults (that is, by selecting the "Architecture" and
"Valid Architectures" build settings in the project and target build
settings and pressing the delete key). The default architecture settings
should be fine in most cases. In addition, ensure that you are modifying the
build settings for all configurations, instead of a specific configuration.
Finally, it may be beneficial to check the build settings for the Cocoa
application's project and target, see if it's not trying to link a x86
binary with a PPC binary or something weird like that.

Hope this is some sort of help,

Kiel

Hi all,

This is not directly a Cocoa question, but I hope someone will know the
answer to saving me jumping through all the hoops needed to join another
list.

I have a project which builds a static library from some pure C code. I want
to use this library in another Cocoa project. I've set up the cross-project
dependency and included the .a file in the Cocoa project. When the Cocoa
project builds it complains (warning) that the library "file is not of
required architecture". Is this referring to whether it's
PPC/i386/universal? In the library project, the architecture build setting
only offers me 32 bit or 64 bit, not i386/ PPC.

What does the warning really mean and how should I fix it?

tia,

Graham