> On 22 Dec 2015, at 20:11, Jonathan Mitchell <jonat...@mugginsoft.com> wrote:
>

>> On 21 Dec 2015, at 22:24, Sean McBride <s...@rogue-research.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 22:16:39 +0000, Jonathan Mitchell said:
>>
>>> My app seems to be having trouble reading and writing to the
>>> applicationSupportDirectory.
>

> 1. My preferences file does not get updated on first launch. This causes
> trouble further on.
> I can probably insert a try/catch block in  -applicationDidFinishLaunching:
> but the main issue is the write failure of the preferences file.

What’s trying to write the preferences file and how is that related to the
applicationSupportDirectory? Are you trying to hand-write a preferences file
instead of setting the user defaults and synchronize them? The connection
between the preferences files in the ~/Library/Preferences directory and the
things loaded by NSUserDefaults has been tenuous for a few releases of the OS,
the plist files get written, and read, only when the OS jolly well feels like
it, the rest of the time they’re cached probably in a daemon.