On 21 Dec 2015, at 23:16, Jonathan Mitchell <jonat...@mugginsoft.com> wrote:
> NSURL *appSupportDir = [[NSURL alloc] initFileURLWithPath:[[NSFileManager
> defaultManager] applicationSupportDirectory] isDirectory:YES];

 Have you tried running this code in the debugger? Have you checked whether
there are any console logs when you run this code? Why haven't you posted any
results of those?

 I just plonked this code into CodeRunner and immediately get the following
exception log:

2015-12-28 09:46:51.689 Untitled[44980:2704545] -[NSFileManager
applicationSupportDirectory]: unrecognized selector sent to instance
0x7fe969402450
2015-12-28 09:46:51.694 Untitled[44980:2704545] *** Terminating app due to
uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[NSFileManager
applicationSupportDirectory]: unrecognized selector sent to instance
0x7fe969402450'

And, in fact, when I check the NSFileManager.h header in the 10.11 SDK that
seems to be true: NSFileManager doesn't declare an applicationSupportDirectory
method, it seems.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://stacksmith.org