I’m testing the iOS game-development waters by working through Ray Wenderlich’s
iOS and tvOS 2D game-development tutorial book. I’ve never used SpriteKit
before.

I have the latest released (non-beta) versions of El Capitain and Xcode. I’m
experiencing regular kernel panics when working with SpriteKit, whether in the
Xcode scene editor or through code. One chapter of the book is a
physics-testing playground, and that has been no fun at all to work through,
due to Xcode hangs and crashes along with regular kernel panics.

While less than ideal, I expect kernel panics when developing for SpriteKit on
the Mac are just the way things are these days, right? Nothing to really worry
about?

--

Charles