So, it seems there's really no practical way to develop with Xcode 8 and still
be able to use Xcode 7 to submit my app.

Here's the situation. I've got a Swift app that I've developed in Xcode 7/Swift
2.2. Using the legacy compatibility mode, I can try build it in Xcode 8, but
unfortunately, a lot of the iOS API has changed (e.g. optionality has changed),
requiring me to make breaking source code changes.

Is there any way to deal with this? I'm trying to fix bugs encountered in iOS
10, and I can't build directly to the device and debug without using Xcode 8.

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com