> On Aug 30, 2016, at 18:09 , Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:
>

>> On 31 Aug 2016, at 09:02, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
>>
>> The problem I'm having is not the changes in the language, but in the iOS
>> API. I can compile Swift 2.2 with a compiler flag. I can't make changes to
>> support iOS 10 (and still build with Xcode 7, which is necessary for
>> submitting to the App Store).
>>

> But by the time you are need to and can submit to the store for iOS10 then
> you will be able to use Xcode 8, so just work using that and wait for the GM,
> my guess would be that’s a week away.

I can't know when they'll be GM. The latest beta introduced crashing problems
on some code.

I've had this issue for some time now, and have been putting off working on it.
What if my iOS 10 compatibility fixes take a long time to figure out? Why must
I compress my work into a tiny window in order to accommodate Apple's inane
upgrade process? They can certainly afford to do the work to let me build
against iOS 9 with Xcode 8. But I face a point where I can no longer submit any
updates until Xcode 8 is GM. That's not reasonable.

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com