On Sep 12, 2016, at 10:27 , Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

> At least it doesn’t catch fire, does it?

I wouldn’t rule that out.

I’m not much of an alarmist, but for anyone using Swift that hasn’t moved to
Xcode 8 yet, I’d suggest holding off for a week or two to see if there’s any
kind of emergency patch, or other resolution of the difficulties.

It’s also worth noting that not every Swift Evolution change approved for Swift
3 made it into the current release. That means — it turns out, though I’m sure
it was not planned to be this way — that the syntax upheavals aren’t quite over
yet. Another reason to delay for Swift 3.1 if you haven’t made the jump yet.