iOS 10.1.1

WWDC 2015,Session 804: Introducing the New System Fonts tells (at about 23:23)
about Vertically Centered Colons.
But I do not understand, how to turn this on.

It works automatically (in SF) with colons surrounded by digits.

But in my case I have “21:37:44” where ““21:37” is bold and “:44” is thin. And
the ‘:’ in front of “44” is not surrounded by digits. So I want to turn this
feature on explicitly.

How to do this?

Gerriet.