On 02.12.2016 at 07:57 Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> Yes, dlopen is supported in iOS 8 and following.

Is this support official or does it just work by chance and might stop working
in the
future? I've tried to find an official word from Apple concerning dlopen() on
iOS
but I haven't been successful so far. Is there one?

> But of course, you can only open and link with libraries that have been code
> signed properly.
> We use dlopen to load at run-time frameworks properly code signed
> and included in the application bundle

So how does that work in practice? Should I create a Cocoa Touch Framework,
code sign
it, include it in the "Embedded binaries" section in Xcode in my project and
select
"Optional" for that framework in the "Linked frameworks and Libraries" section
in
Xcode and then just use dlopen() on the framework's executable as listed in the
frameworks Info.plist?

I can imagine that this works but once again the question is whether or not
Apple officially supports directly dlopen()ing a framework executable? If they
do, that would be great but if this is something that just happens to work right
now but might not do so in future versions I'd rather do it in a more
conventional
way.

--
Best regards,