That is correct.  Local notifications only go to your local device - or the
paired device (watch) associated with it.

If you want to be able to reach all iOS devices a user has, you would have to
use a Remote notification service, and eventually talk to the APNS service.

Notifications have always been application specific.  They were not built to
allow applications to send information to another application.

Hopefully that was the information you were looking for.  :)

Scott Tury