On 12.02.2017 at 19:21 Ken Thomases wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2017, at 11:01 AM, Andreas Falkenhahn <andr...@falkenhahn.com>
> wrote:

>> I'm experiencing a strange issue with my app. Sometimes, maybe in 1 out of 10
>> programs starts, all menus of my app are grayed out, including standard menus
>> like "Services", "Hide XXX", "Hide Others", "Show All", "Minimize", "Zoom",
>> "Bring All To Front", really everything is grayed out right after my app has
>> launched!

>> What could be the problem here? How can I find out what's going awry here?

> My first guess is that there's an exception occurring during app
> startup.  Cocoa is catching the exception, so your app isn't
> crashing, but the exception is interrupting startup and preventing
> various tasks from being performed.

> Probably best to try to reproduce the issue when running under
> Xcode with a breakpoint for all Objective-C exceptions set.

I'm not very familiar with Xcode so let me know if I did anything wrong
here. Here's what I did:

1) Product-Scheme-Edit Scheme: Change build configuration to Debug

2) Debug-Breakpoints-Create Exception Breakpoint. I configured the breakpoint
like this:

   Exception: Objective-C
   Break: On Throw
   Action: Sound / Blow

Unfortunately, the error is still there and no sound was played so I guess
it's not an Objective-C exception. (unless I'm doing something wrong here)

Any other ideas?

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com