On Sun, Feb 12, 2017, at 11:01 AM, Andreas Falkenhahn wrote:
> I'm experiencing a strange issue with my app. Sometimes, maybe in 1 out
> of 10
> programs starts, all menus of my app are grayed out, including standard
> menus
> like "Services", "Hide XXX", "Hide Others", "Show All", "Minimize",
> "Zoom",
> "Bring All To Front", really everything is grayed out right after my app
> has
> launched!
>
> I don't really know what to do about this because I don't have any actual
> code
> in my app that relates to menus. The menu is created in Interface Builder
> and
> the individual items are connected to "AppDelegate menuClick:" in the
> "Sent Actions" part of Xcode. That's pretty much all I have.

You’ve wired up every single menu item to a single action in your app
delegate? That’s certainly non-standard.

By default, menus automatically enable/disable their items based on
whether the target can perform the action. Perhaps your app delegate is
being deallocated, and thus the menu is walking the responder chain and
failing to find a responder that responds to -menuClick:?

--Kyle Sluder