> On 26 Jun 2017, at 08:03, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>> On 25 Jun 2017, at 7:39 pm, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> Which of these two lines is preferable:
>>      NSString *colorSpaceName = useColour ? NSDeviceRGBColorSpace :
>> NSDeviceWhiteColorSpace;
>>      NSString *colorSpaceName = useColour ? NSCalibratedRGBColorSpace :
>> NSCalibratedWhiteColorSpace;
>> ?
>
> Well, it depends on what you want to do with the image. If it’s content that
> gets displayed or printed, then calibrated ensures that it will look the same
> across a range of devices.

As my pixels are either white or black, this “Calibrated” seems not to be
important.
Also: it bloats my images:
        //      Device          subPngData  337 bytes b&w
        //      Calibrated      subPngData 1434 bytes b&w
So I’ll stick with “Device”.

>>> You may want to save and restore the current context around this, just to
>>> be sure your method isn’t going to have the unwanted side effect of
>>> changing the current context. It’s likely OK, but better safe than sorry.
>>
>> I just did. Turns out that the oldContext seems to be nil. But as you
>> rightly said: “better safe than sorry”.
>
> You just needs to use +[NSGraphicsContext saveGraphicsState]; and
> +[NSGraphicsContext restoreGraphicsState]; if you know currentContext is nil,
> it suggests you aren’t doing it that way.

Thanks. I have just updated my code.

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards,

Gerriet.