> On 12 Dec 2017, at 19:56, Richard Charles <rcharles...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I always assumed the reason bindings never came over to iOS was they consumed
> too much cpu power and were too difficult to understand. It seems evident
> that 10 or 20 years from now Apple anticipates the bulk of it programmers
> coming out of school will use iPads with the new style documentation. Cocoa
> bindings do not fit very well into this picture.
I am not sure if stringent power concerns were the overriding factor for
excluding bindings from iOS.
Bindings are driven by observations, which do exist on iOS.
I think that some developers use reactive frameworks such as ReactiveCocoa to
achieve UI binding on IOS - but I am not sure that would count as a
simplification.

Cocoa bindings are okay though they lack flexibility and features when compared
to the likes of WPF bindings.
WPF bindings are just about as tricky to get right - though the use of a GC
makes life generally easier in a managed world.

Bindings are actually a fairly essential technology for medium to large scale
data driven macOS applications.
Trying to manually glue hundreds of controls and data paths together quickly
becomes a major development obstacle.