There’s definitely something rotten in 10.13. After a few days of using Safari,
closing windows or doing new searches will take around 30 seconds. Quicklooking
jpgs in Finder will become sluggish. Only a robot seems to fix it for a few
days, then everything starts slowing down again, getting worse and worse as the
days go on.

My thought is the new file system format on my SSD is still full of problems.
After all, everything about the format is slower in general.

Steve via iPad