> On Apr 22, 2018, at 11:22 PM, Rob Petrovec <petr...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> VTDecodedXPCservice takes 147% of the processor cores on one of my boxes.
>       That is to be expected if you are playing any video or audio, and is
> not new to High Sierra.  There are tons of reports online about it taking
> alot of CPU.
>

> I am not hitting these issues and I use APFS on all my partitions.  I don’t
> have any third party system mods installed on my machine.  Maybe its not the
> file system, but some app you have installed that is effecting the OS?
> Wouldn’t be the first time that has happened.

I’ve got 5 Macs.  These errors are common across many of them.

> Have any of you filed bug reports about the issues you are seeing, including
> but not limited to a sysdiagnose,

No, because historically, all the time I have spent on reporting issues has
been an utter waste of my time.

Recently I reported a text failure in Mail, added instructions and a sample to
reproduce it.  They reported it fixed.  I spent my time to check on the latest
Mac OS and it’s not fixed.  I marked the bug as Still Open As Written.
Nothing’s been done about it since.  My time has been triply wasted as a
result.

I don’t have time to professionally do Apple’s job for them and they aren’t
paying me to.  The time I have spent to report bugs over the past 6 years has
been an utter waste of my time and effort.

Maybe one issue has been fixed, but the point is that our time is wasted when
something fails.  We have to spend more of our time to find a workaround.  I
don’t have time to do that, report their bugs with no guarantee that it may get
addressed.