It is good to know there is still solid support for Objective-C UI, thank
you for the information John. It has felt like the support is not there the
last few years, with much of the documentation "archived" and the new
documentation focused on Swift. Presently, it is hard to justify native
development on macOS because there is very little information and a lot of
uncertainty about the future. Simply predicting how much upkeep will be
required to keep an application running for 5 years is a tough question to
answer. When justifying a redevelopment or a new project, the native macOS
option is very low in the list of options because of this.

From a user's perspective, dropping 32-bit is the reason that I will
probably not update to Catalina any time soon. I rely on older pieces of
software, and there's a few games I enjoy which will no longer work.
Upgrading will simply get in the way of what I want to do. Never say never
though, 10.16 might have some amazing feature I can't be without, like dark
mode 2.0, and I'll be forced to upgrade!