>> >> Convert resources from ResEdit
>> DUDE.  This is what, 20 years overdue?

Dude.  Why would we change them before it was necessary?  Don't fix it if
it ain't broke.  There were better things to work on in the past 20 years.

We wrote code to go through each type of resource and convert them to XML.
Then that turned out to be a huge PITA to maintain, so we revised it to tab
text.  Easy to revise in Excel and 10x faster to load.

My question is, why on earth didn't Apple provide a conversion tool like
that?  It would have saved thousands of developers from having to write
their own resource translators or do it by hand.

Casey McDermott
TurtleSoft.com