If you’re not involving a higher level class like NSTextView or a medium level
one like CoreText, it sounds like you might be going all the way down to
CoreGraphics? If so, you might find your disparity between your system and your
users in things like retina choice for a particular display and changes with
respect to layers, especially things like the copiesOnScroll. If these don’t
lead you to a solution where you say, “Oh, I really should’ve done this rather
than that,” (20/20 hindsight) then write up a feedback report and add its URL
here.
--
Gary L. Wade
http://www.garywade.com/