Interesting.  This could be a layering issue then, and it could be due to a
configuration unique to your customer’s setup.  Since you’re doing things on a
lower level than expected, there may be some nuance you need to add or
something Apple needs to fix that may work fine using higher level frameworks.
Since there’s lots of little things going on, it definitely warrants a feedback
report.  Please add its number to your reply when you submit it.

FYI, Apple has been putting a lot of effort to support RTL better; in one of
this year’s early general presentations at WWDC, you might have seen an
engineer talking about RTL support within the App Store on all devices (well,
maybe not the HomePod, of course), and the labs definitely had staff there to
help.  Where you may find your implementation better than what you see in the
frameworks, please write as many feedback reports as needed so all developers
can benefit from the desired changes.
--
Gary L. Wade
http://www.garywade.com/ <http://www.garywade.com/>