On 16 Dec 2019, at 16:35, Eyal Redler wrote:

It does look very similar (except for the fact that in your example the text is also cut on the right. Do you have copiesOnScroll turned off as well?

I do change copiesOnScroll.

Apart from opting out of responsive scrolling, it’s should be a very standard NSClipView/NSScrollView setup.

Interesting to note that both scroll views (main text and line numbers) are cut-off at the same point.

To me it looks to be about “window compositing” rather than the affected view.

In the screen capture I received, the text that did get drawn is exactly 640 pixels wide but spans two views. Possibly that is the texture size Apple uses when doing window compositing?

But difficult to speculate about what is causing this given window/view compositing is a black box.

My view doesn't opt out of responsive scrolling so in my case that is ruled out. Did you find out anything about this issue in your case? How prevalent was that?

Heard it from numerous users, and some users apparently see it a lot.

But one user mentioned having seen something similar in Outlook.

So my money are on this being a macOS 10.15 bug.

I actually thought of opting out of responsive scrolling as a way to try and fix this. Did you try removing the opt out (just for testing purposes) to see if it is indeed related?

I did not, but I have a user defaults for this, so I will propose affected users test with responsive scroll enabled.

FYI I haven’t seen the issue myself as I have refrained from upgrading to macOS 10.15.