>> I, for one, wasn't able to reproduce it on the 5 machines I was able to put
>> my hands on.
>
> Although I have not seen a *reproducible* case either, I have seen that it is
> much more likely to occur in text views with hundreds of lines or rows, so
> you should try such in your tests.

My app is a word-processor so that is basically all it does. I tried it with
documents of varying lengths from 2 pages to 700 pages and was never able to
see the issue. Since at one point I thought the issue was specific to certain
documents I asked my clients to send me these specific documents but I couldn't
reproduce it with these documents either. On the other hand, a simple document
I created on my machine and set to the users to test was also showing the
issues on their machines so I could pretty much rule out that this is a
document specific issue.

> Also, it is possible that I have not seen it at all since I replaced my 2013
> MacBook Air with a new MacBook Air about a month ago.  Another possible
> factor is that this Mac is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software program, so
> maybe Apple gave us a Christmas present and silently fixed in 10.15.3 as one
> of their unspecified bug fixes.

Perhaps it is fixed on 15.3, I'm unable to check it myself (since I never see
the issue) and I dare not ask of my users to submit themselves to installing a
beta. BTW, could you share a screenshot of the issue as you saw it?

Eyal