Hi,

It depends on how you want to play it. In the past I’ve done the following:

Make a “Lite” version free (Price 0.00) which has either a limited life span or
limited functionality or both.
Make a “Full” version pad for version (Price X.00) which has either a limited
life span or limited functionality or both.
When the time expires or the user decides they want more functionality they
click a link to the App in the AppStore.

The other option is to use “In App Purchases” to upgrade the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Dave