Hi Matt,

If you want to post a test app that shows your performance issue, that
might help.

However, no, going under NSImage doesn't make things faster unless
there's are other issues.

Certainly before trying OpenGL, try setting the
setPreferredBackingLocation: for your NSWindow to be
NSWindowBackingLocationVideoMemory.  If the window backing buffer is
on the video card, then the Quartz drawing primitives are implemented
through OpenGL.  That is, if you're really just drawing the same image
over and over without mutating anything, then your image data should
be  uploaded to the GPU once and drawn with OpenGL.

-Ken