What's the proper way to make a C/ObjC program (Foundation tool) be used with the pipe operator? I want to make a simple filter that takes the output of "ls -la" and reformats it to appear more like the MS-DOS directory listing. So, I would do something like "ls -la | mydosfilter" and get a directory listing with the filename first, the # bytes second, then the timestamp (leaving out everything from the UNIX permissions bits to the group, and rearranging the rest.) Also, what's the proper place to put the resulting executable so all users can use it in Terminal.App without having to do "ls -la | <path to mydosfilter>" every time. Can I put this in the deployment target once the linker is done? Do I need "sudo" to copy there? I know just enough tcsh stuff to be dangerous... :) Finally, what's the number just after the UNIX permissions bits? the PID?