Hey folks,

The app I am working on has 2 windows. My project has been to implement the 2nd window. I added a new nib file and a new class, MyController:NSWindowController. In the MainController:NSObject implementation, there is a MyController object, which can be shown or hidden by the user.

My question is about creating and destroying my controller. I have - initMyController and -windowDidLoad methods, which handle setting up my controller, but for some reason my -dealloc method is never called, even when the main app quits. In fact, the -dealloc method in the main controller is never called either. (I did not work on the main controller code.)

So, what is the general outline of properly allocating, initializing and deallocating an application and its elements? Can someone point me to the right documentation? I can't seem to find reference to this subject.

I thought -dealloc was called automagically on objects that are properly handled (ie: not leaking). I have been assuming the main app was behaving correctly, as I have not seen any warnings while debugging or even running some tools on it.

Paul