On Sep 13, 2008, at 2:42 PM, j o a r wrote:
Like what?

For instance if you have an app delegate object in MainMenu.nib it gets deallocated only when the application terminates.

Seth is right in general, app termination is very much a special case.

I didn't say it wasn't a special case. I said there can be things that only get deallocated during app termination. And for those things you can't determine reliably (without knowledge of the inner workings of app termination) why your objects are not being -dealloc:'d.

Markus