On Friday, October 10, 2008, at 01:04PM, "Uli Kusterer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>On 10.10.2008, at 07:15, Graham Cox wrote:
>> On 10 Oct 2008, at 11:30 am, j o a r wrote:
>>> Most apps use just the name, but I've never liked that and I
>>> support your idea of using the bundle identifier. Makes a lot of
>>> sense.
>>
>> Yep, seemed to make sense to me too, but I don't think I've ever
>> seen it, which is why I hesitated.
>>
>> I think I'll do it this way unless I hear some good arguments against.
>

>  I actually think that's Apple's recommendation. That said, I don't
>like using bundle identifiers for this, as I prefer old-Mac-style
>readable file names. And since all apps so far seem to be using the
>readable names for folders in there, so do I.

I also use readable names for all folders/files.

For example, for my main math app, my folder hierarchy is:

Instant Interactive > Math Series > Drills

Such a hierarchy is duplicated in various places as needed (e.g. Documents,
Preferences, etc.)

Along with being readable, all my customers can easily back up everything from
my company (since all files ultimate resides in that "Instant Interactive"
folder).  Or, they can choose individual nested folders in case they have
different backup rules for each app (or series of apps).

--
Rick Sharp
Instant Interactive(tm)