On 11 Oct 2008, at 5:30 am, Ricky Sharp wrote:

Along with being readable, all my customers can easily back up everything from my company (since all files ultimate resides in that "Instant Interactive" folder). Or, they can choose individual nested folders in case they have different backup rules for each app (or series of apps).

While this is tidy, and seems logical to you, are your users as keenly aware of your company name as you are? I put it to you that they are not. They may be familiar with the app's name, but the company that wrote it? Much less likely unless you're overdoing its presence in the app. This is probably not a major issue, but if I wanted to find out where my math drills were stored, I might not immediately realise that the "Instant Interactive" folder was the place to look.

For the product I'm working on now the company name is likely to be highly minimised, being only part of the small print in the copyright notice. This is a deliberate choice - it's the product that matters, not who we are.

Still, the consensus appears to be to use the app's name rather than the bundle identifier. So I'll probably go with that just for the sake of fitting in.

cheers, Graham