On 16 Dec 2008, at 15:25, Dave wrote:

In response to this I was advised to use PackageMaker in order to create an Installer, which would in turn suppress the Security dialogs. So I built an installer but I can't get it to install the folder containing file, so far I have only managed to get it to install the myApp.app file.

So, my question is:

Is it possible to create an installer with package maker that does the same as the AppleScript, e.g. installs a folder in "/ Applications" (or anywhere for that matter).

I am sure it is, but Cocoa-dev is not the best place to ask.

seems more appropriate and more likely to solve your problem.

Good luck

Matt