I see. I didn't catch the dialog on the disk image itself. While
diving into package maker is the right thing to do, you should be able
to fix your installer so that your workflow looks like:

1. Download the .dmg file.
2. Mount the image. (security dialog? i don't think i get these)
3. Launch the installer script (security dialog. no way around this one)
Then the installer:
a. creates your directory
b. copies your cleanup app, real app, etc. to your directory
c. uses either the launch servcies calls (actually xattr probably
makes more sense from an applescript) to clear the quarantine
attributes from the cleanup app and real app
4. cleanup app (no security dialog thanks to the above)
5. real app (ditto)

If that's a good enough workflow to get your demo out the door and buy
you some time to learn packagemaker, clearing those attributes ought
to be an easy addition to your install script.

HTH,

Geoff